* Bob Walker <b...@randomness.org.uk> [2007-08-20 19:15]:
> On Mon, 20 Aug 2007, Jonathan Stowe wrote:
> >On Mon, 2007-08-20 at 17:38 +0100, Earle Martin wrote:
> >>
> >>http://chosaq.net/archives/2006/05/gmail-cripples-drmed-pdf-files-view-as-html-functionality.html
> >
> >Which brings me to another hatred - when was the HTML 'title'
> >element deprecated ?
>
> it hasnt been. however SEOs believe that google pay attention
> to the url as well.

Even if they didn't, it's good style. Look at that link:
despite the fact that Earle didn't bother to paste the title of
the post (it seems no one other than me is anal enough to do that
in email), you know right away what the article is about. It's
easier to decide whether you want to click the link. Should the
linked article vanish, it will still be obvious what used to be
there. And there are more reasons why it's good that escape me
right now.

Regards,