Rafael Garcia-Suarez wrote:
On 30/10/2007, Robert Rothenberg <rob...@gmail.com> wrote:
On 29/10/07 22:25 demerphq wrote:
On 10/29/07, Robert Rothenberg <rob...@gmail.com> wrote:
Just a guss: maybe the hatefulness is better directed at certain Linux
distributions that do not yet make Thunderbird 2.0 available?
Like Ubuntu?

Hate.
I've not yet upgraded to Greasy Gibbon. (Won't risk wasting a day or two
that I can't spare for possible hate, after my experiences with upgrading to
Festering Fawn.) Are they still using 1.5 there too?

No, they use 2.0.0.6. So that's fixed.
However, after upgrade, I've had a bad surprise. Every time you now
receive a mail, you have a bloody huge notification zone taking almost
half of your screen saying that <your email address> has received
several mails from <list of senders> <with preview of contents>.
That's disturbing. However I quickly found the dialog to disable this
new annoying invention.

Oh good, pleeeeeeaaase tell me where it is. I can't find the fucking thing. I wouldn't mind if it actually had some sensible behaviour !

I get several hundred emails a day, cronjobs, hostmaster / postmaster mails, lists etc. and most of them are left unread and are largely for reference. I have them filtered into different folders so my Inbox only gets stuff that I need to know about right now.

However when an email comes in it seems to just randomly scan the folders for unread email whether new or not and tell me about it. It's usually a completely different folder to the one that mail has actually come in to as well.

How about an only emails in Inbox option ? I'd even settle for emails you've actually just downloaded, rather than ones that you feel I should read.

/me wanders off muttering.