On 02-Nov-2007, at 09:55, sabrina downard wrote:
(Not least because
I am used to various sorts of brain-damage, like in iterating over
strings with spaces in them in shell loops, and it confuses me to find
that someone actually fixed the brain-damage rather than working
around it like the rest of us.)

That's not "brain damage", that's "consistency". For a programming language, consistency is important. That's the kind of thing that makes me want to spork someone's eyes out.

Still, it's better than that constant
"I want to spork my eyes out" sensation of being stuck with bash
because everyone else thinks I'm quite insane for wanting ksh93.

Bash is full of hateful inconsistent extension hate too.