Peter da Silva wrote:
On 2008-01-15, at 14:05, Michael G Schwern wrote:
If the rest of you want to overload a simple number with all sorts of special formatting to give magical meanings that exist in your own heads and require special code to compare them, have fun.

Straw man arguments are hateful. Nobody here is arguing for anything like 'just dumping you with a "1.23.4p76-13.2w/raisins" string'.

Didn't I see something go by about an alpha/beta/gamma version grammar? A whole GRAMMAR just for versions?! Shoot me now.

--
191. Our Humvees cannot be assembled into a giant battle-robot.
    -- The 213 Things Skippy Is No Longer Allowed To Do In The U.S. Army