Philip Newton wrote:
Ah. This is clearly some novel meaning of "open" standards process.

I think it's a sign that the SCO-style legal-FUD approach is working.

They appear to be so scared of anyone ever challenging the provenance of any part of their work that even *talk to them* you need to sign a huge document saying you are assigning everything to them and have the right to do so.

Having wasted a significant chunk of last year on so-called "open source license" wrangling for my erstwhile employer, I can spew software license hate all day with only a half-turn of the winding key...

Tony