Okay, this is almost too easy. ;-) But here goes:

Dear Web Browser (aka Firefox, IE, Safari, and probably all the rest):

When the web page you are rendering for me has some ridiculously oversized
diagram in it (like, say, a product architecture diagram), I know I will have to
scroll to see the whole thing (though it would be nice if you would scale it to
fit, with a "click for full-size" option). But why, for the love of Mike, must
you assume I want to read all text that wide, too? Do I have "Please abuse me
with the horizontal scroll bar" tattooed in invisible ink on my forehead? Why
can't you render the text (that is not already constrained by some other
HTML/CSS unholiness to a fixed width) to the width of my window? Is that
*really* so much to ask? If so, WHY?!

May you all burn in the Eighth Circle of Hell
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Divine_Comedy>.

--
Timothy Knox <mailto:t...@thelbane.com>
The one thing I've learned about freedom of expression is that you really