On Sun, Mar 02, 2008 at 06:30:01PM +0100, Ann Barcomb wrote:
> On Sun, 2 Mar 2008, Abigail wrote:
>
> >My biggest hate regarding 'vi' are those wannabee-Un^WLinux distros
> >that launch some editor when you type 'vi' on the command line, but
> >which isn't vi at all.
>
> No kidding.  I have to keep a vimrc file handy to get it to behave like
> real vi.  I was starting to think I was the only person in the world
> who would rather have the original.

Well, it's not so much I prefer vi over something else (in fact, my editor
of choice is a vi-clone (but not vim)). It's the fact that if I type 'vi'
at the prompt, I want 'vi'. Not something that's proud of not being vi.

If you call a bird a duck, you better make sure it walks and talks like one.

Abigail