Dell Remote Console Server Software let me count the ways I hate thee.

1) When I downloaded your RedHat version it was in a windows self extracting zip.
2) your installer sucks and cant cope with 64bit machines it would seem
3) when i copy you from elsewhere and try to start you i get the following error message.

b...@host34:~
>/usr/lib/Dell_Remote_Console_Switch_Software/Dell_Remote_Console_Switch_Software
An internal LaunchAnywhere application error has occured and this application cannot proceed. (LAX)

Stack Trace:
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Malformed \uxxxx encoding.
        at java.util.Properties.loadConvert(Unknown Source)
        at java.util.Properties.load(Unknown Source)
at com.zerog.common.java.util.PropertiesUtil.loadProperties(DashoA8113)
        at com.zerog.lax.LAX.<init>(DashoA8113)
        at com.zerog.lax.LAX.main(DashoA8113)

The reason for this error is hateful.
Let me show you my PS1
b...@host34:~ >echo $PS1

notice the \u. yes thats right its read in my environment variables and decided that im about to start a unicode string. bad software no cookie.

--
Bob Walker
http://london.randomness.org.uk - http://tech.randomness.org.uk