So unfortunately, for divers and sundry reason, I am forced to run Windows XP
Professional at work. That is in and of itself monumentally hate-worthy. But
today's specific hatred is for the part of Windows that decides, periodically,
that I don't have a Dell2001FP monitor attached, but just a generic monitor only
capable of 1024x768. So about once per week, I am forced to "Add New Hardware"
and re-add my my monitor driver. Come on, Windows, I know you have a lot to
remember, but can't you find a few bytes on your disk somewhere to remember
what sort of monitor I have? I don't really ask you to do much, I know, and
perhaps you do this as a form of retaliation, but keep it up, and I shall banish
you to to the Hell of Being Skinned Alive*.

* http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0090728

--
Timothy Knox <mailto:t...@thelbane.com>
The one thing I've learned about freedom of expression is that you really