On Thu, May 15, 2008 at 06:47:41PM -0400, num...@deathwyrm.com wrote:
> Jukka Ollila wrote:
>> Hmn. Did some earlier version of this fine piece of software by chance
>> only support v1 and v2whatever, at which point you had a boolean flag?
>
> If so, bet on there being bugs where some lazy coder knowing it was boolean
> wrote something like:
>
> if (config->snmp.version) {
>     /* Version 2 code here. */
> }

Which would actually be quite fine, since code that is designed to use
the features that appeared in v2 should work with v3 out of the box,
right?... Right?...

Oh sowwy, I forgot we're talking about software; although nothing comes
to mind specifically about SNMPv2 and v3, I'm quite sure someone *will*
pipe in with something that needs changing indeed...

G'luck,
Peter

--
Peter Pentchev  r...@ringlet.net    r...@cnsys.bg    r...@freebsd.org
Key fingerprint FDBA FD79 C26F 3C51 C95E  DF9E ED18 B68D 1619 4553