On 2008-08-26, at 22:00, Chris Devers wrote:
HP Photosmart Studio

Run away. Now.

HP used to make wonderful scanner software. Best in the business.

I actually keep a Mac running OS 9 alive because it's running that old HP scanner software and is plugged into a tanklike HP scanner that will probably outlive me. Yes, even despite my hate-hate relationship with OS 9.

But something happened.

Imagine a user interface involving little fake-3d bubbles floating over your desktop with pictures of printers and scanners in them. Yes, you do need to identify them, while moving, and click the right one. I AM NOT MAKING THIS UP.

HP Photosmart Studio is not that bad, by comparison.

But damn.