Somewhere on Shadow Earth, at Thu, Aug 28, 2008 at 10:00:02AM -0500, Peter da
Silva wrote:
> Somewhere in the last couple of times I've updated to a new version
> of elm, it's changed from waiting after editing a message to sending
> the message immediately. It puts up a screen giving you the options
> for editing headers and cancelling the message and stuff, but the
> default action if you hit an option it doesn't recognise is not
> "beep" (as it was previously), it's "send the message".
>
> And somehow it hallucinates occasional keystrokes that I didn't
> send. When these performed the "beep" command, that was OK.
>
> All software sucks, mail software sucks more than most, but I have
> found that for me "elm" has up to now sucked mostly in ways I can
> hate in silence.
>
> But this is just too hateful. I need to find new mail software to
> hate.

Well, mutt is kind of elm-like, and hateful in different ways. In fact, if you
have the patience of Job, you can configure it to be even less hateful by
default than it otherwise insists on being. But don't get your hopes up. ;-)
--
Timothy Knox <mailto:t...@thelbane.com>
The one thing I've learned about freedom of expression is that you really