mirod wrote:
Now for some odd reason, every now and then, the software messes up the
PIN number. I don't know why, I don't know how, but it claims that the PIN
is wrong. After what it displays a single message: "the software will now
exit". And it does.

WITHOUT EVER GIVING ME A CHANCE TO ENTER THE BLOODY DARN PIN!

There's a simple workaround (which means it will probably break the software even more). Put the SIM card in a regular phone and find the option to permanently disable the PIN code for the SIM card. Now move it back to your modem, start the software and hopefully enter the world of new and improved bugs/hate.