Walt Mankowski wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 07, 2009 at 09:13:34AM -0800, Michael G Schwern wrote:
>> Emacs has this hate, too.  I haven't yet found a "close all buffers"
>> function,
>> though at least I can find out quickly what has unsaved changes.
>>
>> I could probably hack something together in elisp, but then I'd have to touch
>> elisp and the hate rapidly gets recursive.
>
> One way to do that is to go to the Buffer List, type "k" on each line
> corresponding to a buffer you want to kill, then hit "x" when you're
> finished.  Go to help for Buffer Menu mode (C-h m in the Buffer List)
> to see other things you can do there.

Thank you, but raising the constant on an O(n) task does not help.

Aquamacs mercifully changes apple-w from uselessly closing the Emacs window
(never what an Emacs user wants) to kill-this-buffer.  I can just smash that
chord rather than repeating the hand cramping "ctrl-x k".

--
Don't try the paranormal until you know what's normal.
    -- "Lords and Ladies" by Terry Prachett