On Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 5:43 AM, Yossi Kreinin
<yossi.krei...@mobileye.com>wrote:

> 3. And for a dessert: suppose you use a background color #44ffaa, or any
> other color for that matter, on your web page. You take a screen shot of
> what your browser displays and embed a region from that screen shot into the
> web page - for example, to display an e-mail address. In most graphical
> browsers, the result will look just like the surrounding text. However, in
> one particular browser the color of the image will be slightly but
> noticeably different from the page background color. I fail to see how that
> can happen unless there's code inside the browser written specifically to
> make this not work.
>
> Guess the brand name of that browser, given the hint that the number of its
> version that I tested is 8.
>
> Bon Appétit!

The color issue is likely due to color correction / gamut mapping.  Any
recent non-professional wide-gamut monitor will soon leave you wishing it
wasn't.  What is #44ffaa after all, but some hex digits which never look the
same.  A photograph though, that should look real.
PS:  Maybe if your web page was a PDF it would look exactly right.