On 06/01/10 04:01 PM, Smylers wrote:
>>> But this isn't XML; it's HTML.
>>
>> I wonder if serving the page with Content-Type "application/xhtml+xml"
>> or "text/xml" would make any difference.
>
> Of course; that's what would make it be tret by browsers as XML.  Saving
> the page with a .xhtml extension and viewing the file locally with
> Firefox makes the text display for me.

Well, the XHTML 1.0 spec says you can serve XHTML as "text/html" with
the appropriate DOCTYPE and browsers are supposed to interpret it using
XHTML rules... which it looks like Firefox isn't doing completely,
especially if that fixes the problem.

> (Did you mean to take this to private mail rather than the list?)

Er, no... I intended to spread the hatred as far as possible. But
unfortunately I can't blame software on this one, Thunderbird 3 does
actually have a Reply to List button, I just didn't hit it. Oops. :)