Just had a web form reject my email address as invalid.  It insisted
that the email must be entered in the format 'n...@domain.com.'  Which
is hard for me to do with a .org.

I mean.  Just.  Really?  *Reeeeeally*?  Isn't this just delightful.
Didn't we fire the last web developer who did stupid crap like that
in, like, 1997?  It's 2010, for pete's sake.  We don't have flying
cars here in the future (dammit), but we do have more than one
frigging top-level domain.

(And why do I have a feeling that their response to my "bug" email, in
which I inquired if they were or were not aware that there were many
perfectly valid top-level domains other than .com, is going to be "Go
sign up for a free email account"?)

Maybe it's for the best.  I might as well not sign up at all; if this
is a sign of their QA process they'll probably log the sign up year as
19110 and have a broken Matt's Script Archive message board behind the
scenes.

Hate. Sigh.

--s.