On 2010-04-10, at 11:57, Joshua Juran wrote:
I just updated a service with my new credit card number. I logged into their billing system with the credentials that Firefox remembered from last time.

Then in the form in which I enter the new credit card number, I'm asked again for the password. Curiously, it's blank. But that's okay, because I have it stored elsewhere. I submit the form.

"Do you want Firefox to remember the password for "<my CC number>" on <site>?"

Ah, yes.  That would be why the second password field comes up blank.

(Don't they test this stuff?)

I'm not sure I understand what you want them to do here.