> Okay, you make a fair case for including a parenthetical "(Sent from my phone
> -- pardon my brevity)" or such, specifically in those cases that call for it
> -- if I take the time to tap out a full response, or my answer was short
> anyway, then such a note is superfluous.

Plus, brevity is not a bad thing. To wit, the famous aphorism "Please forgive
the length of this letter, I did not have time to make it shorter."

What people are really apologizing for is sloppiness, not brevity – or at least
that's what they *should* be apologizing for. But that's also true of most
e-mails composed at a proper keyboard as well.

> But there is more than an iota of difference between "Sent from my phone" and
> "Sent from my iPhone".  The latter strikes me as bragging, or even
> proselytizing.  It

And can get you into hot water, as a friend of mine discovered when he got an
enraged phone call (well, eventually, he's far too high up to have gotten it
directly) from a Verizon executive who had just sent an e-mail to her
co-workers with that particular message automatically included. Oops.

d.