I used to hate Apple Mail's inability to allow me to display incoming messages in a fixed-width font (as needed to view ASCII art) except by viewing the raw message (which only works as intended with text messages, but at least ASCII art users tend to send text).

That was with 10.4 "Tiger". Now that I've 'upgraded' to to 10.5 "Leopard", I don't have this issue. Instead, I have the issue that Apple Mail is unable to display incoming messages in a fixed-width font *even if* I view the raw message, which is now rendered in the same proportional font used for the default view. The Fonts panel happily lets me select another font -- though nothing happens.

I suppose the lesson here is that choosing how messages display on my screen is the prerogative of those who send me HTML email, or Apple in the case of text. Not me.

I guess I can always copy the text and paste it into another application that actually lets me choose a display font. (Even SimpleText does that.)

*sigh*

Josh