Dammit, I've driven the stake into many systems using software written by a
certain author, gaining many Brownie points in the process when the load drops
90%, but I'm going to need a fully-automatic intercontinental stake-launching
device for this one.

Yep, Amazon's shiny new "Route 53" DNS offering uses djbdns.

No DNSSEC. No AXFR either: you get to use a RESTy web interface. This means
it's insecure *and* it doesn't interoperate with your existing infrastructure
either, so you get to run two parallel systems that are to be kept in sync.
What could possibly go wrong there?

Hey, or you could outsource all of your DNS to Amazon instead of spreading it
around a few ASes for resilience. Feel free to ask Julian Assange his opinion
of that plan.