On Fri, 28 Jan 2011 12:24:05 +0000, Tony Finch <d...@dotat.at> wrote:

> On Fri, 28 Jan 2011, H.Merijn Brand wrote:
> >
> > The *only* thing I liked about p4 was the GUI. Neither git (git-gui and
> > gitk are two different GUI's that should have been one with the *same*
> > look-and-feel) not svn (doesn't have any sensible GUI at all!) come
> > close to the user-friendlyness of p4v.
>
> Is TortoiseSVN that hateful? Apart from obvious deficiencies like being
> a GUI and being for Windows...

Does "unusable" fall into "hateful"?

WTF does it matter if a (G)UI is only available for a deficient OS that
I am not running my development on? (I just checked, nothing like
tortoisesvn available for my OS as prebuilt binary, and I'm not going
to invest time in building it (if it were open source) just to find
more hatred).

I now have to use kdesvn (vomit, vomit) to access the svn repo's used
under Eclipse (vomit, vomit) because my co-workers find svn to
integrate easiest with Eclipse.

What I end up doing is installing a post-commit hook in svn to update
my git clone, so I at least can find back what changed where and why.

--
H.Merijn Brand  http://tux.nl      Perl Monger  http://amsterdam.pm.org/
using 5.00307 through 5.12 and porting perl5.13.x on HP-UX 10.20, 11.00,