On Tue, Mar 01, 2011 at 03:25:36PM +0000, Peter Corlett wrote:
> On 28 Feb 2011, at 17:04, Nicholas Clark wrote:
> [...]
> > Um, this would be the database that the user 'root' created only 5 minutes
> > ago? What do you mean that you can create something that you can't then
> > dump?
>
> On the bright side, at least you know that you don't have a backup and can
> act accordingly. This is a substantial improvement on the usual failure mode
> of it claiming success, but has actually created a slightly broken dump file
> which won't restore properly without hand-editing.

What, you mean like defining triggers with ";" as a delimiter when
the trigger function itself uses ";" as a statement delimiter?

Nah, that'd be too silly, nobody would have done it.

G'luck,
Peter

--
Peter Pentchev  r...@ringlet.net r...@freebsd.org pe...@packetscale.com
Key fingerprint FDBA FD79 C26F 3C51 C95E  DF9E ED18 B68D 1619 4553