On Sat, Aug 06, 2011 at 11:13:58AM +0100, Peter Corlett wrote:

> > A few years back I went to a network security show at Olympia. It
> > rapidly became clear that what most of the punters wanted, but nobody
> > quite dared to sell, was a rackmount box that could be plugged into a
> > punter's network and show a reassuring green "SECURE" light.

> Remind me again what economic theory says one should do when other people are
> leaving money on the table?

I think that what prevents the production and sale of such a box is
that the punters don't really want the box with the light, they want
an entity to sue when the box with the light turns out to be lying.

(And an extra helping of fail for me for mailing back to Peter
directly instead of to the list.)

--
 /\oo/\
/ /()\ \ David Mackintosh |