Please try same with the release candidate or off the 0.1 branch ( https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hadoop/hbase/branches/0.1). There are no guarantees that TRUNK works, especially these times with a bunch of changes going in.

Was there an exception listed when you did the 'show tables' in step 10?

I've seen a case recently where show tables will list the table but then when you try to select from it, you'll get a report that table does not exist, but this should have been fixed on branch and TRUNK.

In the below, when you ran 'stop hbase', it shut down cleanly (Check logs. Their default location is at $HBASE_HOME/logs).

Thanks,
St.Ack

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Hi
 I use hbase 0.2. devel from trunk and hadoop 0.17, and i lost all tables
after restart hbase.

 I do :

   1) start hadoop dfs
   2) start hbase
   3) create table X
   4) make insert to table X
   5) select from X - there are data inserted in 4 (everything is ok)

   6) stop hbase
   7) stop hadoop dfs

   8) start hadoop dfs
   9) start hbase
   10) show tables from hbase shell
         and i get message that there are no tables !

  Does anybody have problem with losted tables ? how i can close hbase
without lost tables ?

  Antony