Hi

        My system is quite simple:
        - two (one quad core, one dual core) servers with 2GB mem and 150 GB
allocated to dfs.
        - I use it to crawl multiple supports but mainly filesystems and
save the results onto hbase (not too many files < 100.000 but rows can get
easily to 30 MB each)

        I constantly getting NullPointerExceptions (on the client caused by
NotServingRegionExceptions on regionserver) when creating tables or
RegionOfflineExceptions when doing puts or sometimes just time outs.
        When started with hbase I developed in 'local' mode, I then migrated
to a small dev 2 servers cluster (weaker than production is now) where I
tested the functionality, and it worked fine but, my bad, due to pressing
scheduling I didn't do any real load tests, so the system is now
continuously going under in production. I've only been able to do a full
crawl by resetting the cluster to one node and putting it in 'local' mode.

        My question is what can cause regions to be offline in
regionservers?

        I ask so that I can investigate the matter further but having a
starting point.

        I'm willing to help anyway I can but I would really appreciate any
help and/or starting point and tools for my investigation.

Best Regards
David Alves