HBase 0.1.2 is pegged against 0.16.3, not hadoop 0.17.0. I don't think the two will work together.

Also, be sure to pick up the new 0.1.2 candidate (trying to put it up now). May improvements over the first candidate.

St.Ack

Jim R. Wilson wrote:
 you would need to build new images anyway since you need HBase installed
and started at boot time.

Right-o.  I'll be setting up a local dev environment to build fresh
fedora-8 AMI's with hadoop-0.17-pre and hbase-0.1.2-pre starting in
the morning.

Of course, I'll probably be creating an ec2 contrib dir in hbase with
hbase-init script etc.  I'm tempted to try and make my image
multi-versioned so that it has both the latest releases hadoop/hbase
as well as pre-released versions,  then make it up to user-data params
to decide which will be started.

The idea of course being that the running the the latest bleeding edge
hbase/hadoop or latest stable could be done with the same image.

-- Jim