(Sent this morning from the wrong email address, sorry if this gets in the moderators way ...)

I need to be able to retrieve timestamps through the thrift interface - after sending the query below this morning, I got my hands dirty & looked into it properly. I've now implemented two thrift calls to expose this information, which work for me.

Briefly, there is a Client.getCells() & Client.getCellsTs() which mirror Client.getVer() & Client.getVerTs() - except instead of returning a list of values, they return a list of HCells, which are (timestamp, value) pairs.

I don't know if this API suits everyone, but it's what I need right now.

What should I do with the resulting patch? Should I attach it to eg HBASE-697, or create a new issue?

Toby