David Alves wrote:
Hi stack

Regarding the missing block part, my bad, i ddn't install this cluster and didn't verify the ulimit first, then a new problem arose because of the number of xceivers. Regarding this property, I can't find the default value in hadoop-default.xml is this normal?
I think you'll find that not all configuration gets a mention in hadoop-default.xml. If I were to guess, the developer is thinking that "...no one will ever want to change this config. but just in case they ever do and are dogged enough to read source....." HBase has a few of these buried in source code.

I ask only because sometime ago you answered to someone to increase the dfs.datanode.max.xcievers proeprty but actually the exceptions refer to an *Xceiver (notice the change in the i,e order).

Oh.  Bad.  I can't spell (nor practise what the mnemonic says).

Anyway the problem seemed to go away so probably that fixed it.
Regarding the hang part the regionserver actually comes down (no more jvm process), next time it happens I'll investigate further.
Please do.  Check the .out file if you haven't in the past.

Good stuff,
St.Ack