Hi,
     i have a map reduce program with which i read from a hbase table.
In my map program i check if the column value of a is xxx, if yes then
continue with processing else skip it.
however if my table is really big, most of my time in the map gets wasted
for processing unwanted rows.
is there any way through which we could send a subset of rows (based on the
value of a particular column family) to the map???

i have also gone through TableInputFormatBase but am not able to figure out
how do we set the input format if we are using TableMapReduceUtil class to
initialize table map jobs. or is there any other way i could use it.

Thanks in Advance,
Raakhi.