Hi Amandeep,
                  I have 1GB Memory on each node on ec2 cluster(C1 Medium) .
i am using hadoop-0.19.0 and hbase-0.19.0
well we were starting with 10,000 rows, but later it will go up to 100,000
rows.

my map task basically reads an hbase table 'Table1', performs analysis on
each row, and dumps the analysis results into another hbase table 'Table2'.
each analysis task takes about 3-4 minutes when tested on local machine (the
algorithm part.... w/o the map reduce).

i have divided 'Table1' to 30 regions b4 sending it to the map. and set the
maximum number of map tasks to 20.
i have set DataXceivers to 1024 and uLimit to 1024
i am able to process about 300 rows in an hour which i feel quite slow...
how do i increase the performance.

meanwhile i will try settin the dataXceivers to 2048 and increasing the file
limit as you mentioned.

Thanks,
Rakhi