Hi all,

I had a situation where a thrift gateway was returning data that didnt exist
in the hbase table!  It was very confusing because none of the Java scanners
or the jruby shell would show the data, but the 'getRow' thrift call - which
was tunneled via autossh btw - kept on returning reasonable looking, yet
non-existent data.

I had restarted the regionserver hosting the table (small table), and
twiddled the code over and over.  Finally I restarted the thrift server and
that fixed it.

My only remaining theory after inspecting our thrift server code is that the
thrift RPC/server code will cache replies...

Or some other bug perhaps?

anyone have any thoughts?