yeah, sounds like it.  How many maps are you running per machine?

You could try making the hbase and mr machines disjoint?

On Jun 12, 2009 10:20 AM, "Bradford Stephens" <bradfordsteph...@gmail.com>
wrote:

I don't think we're using ZK, I'm on HBase-0.19.4...am I wrong? :)
I've already got the GC configured to do what you suggested... I'm not
getting very long pauses from the log file. I really think the problem
is resource starvation because I only have 2 total cores on each of
those boxes, and it's running HBase on top of Hadoop DataNodes and
TaskTrackers. Am I right in this thinking?