On Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 7:35 AM, Alex Spodinets <spodin...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Is it possible to run a Map\Reduce job for only one row in table? Thus
> skipping the unnecessary cycling through other rows by ignoring them
> manually or via "skip mode".

The idea behind it is to use Map\Reduce more like an application server with
> data location awareness vs batch\parallel processing system.

Please add more description.  I'm having trouble understanding what you are
asking.

+ If you know the row you want, just ask hbase -- you don't have to go via
MR.
+ MR is usually offline/batch operations but when you say things like
'application server' I get the sense you are talking about real-time
lookups?

Thanks,
St.Ack