Dmitriy,

Are you using any system/resource monitoring software? You should be able to see if you are IO, CPU, Memory/GC, or Network bound by doing some investigating during the import.... this should tell you if you can get better performance or not (and if things are maxed, you can figure the bottleneck and try to optimize).

Also, if you are doing an import into a new table, you could use the HFileOutputFormat. In my benchmarking, I saw about 10X improvement in performance compared to a heavily optimized normal import. Check out HBASE-48 for more information.

JG

Amandeep Khurana wrote:
1. You need odd number of servers for the zk quorum. 3-5 should be good
enough. In your case, even 1 is fine since the load is not much.
2. We used 7200rpm SATA drives.