> Here what's the exactly the meaning of "materialized"? Would you
> kindly give more details?

Basically what I am saying is the analytic computation can produce a table of a
set of answers to questions which may be asked at some future time. Since HBase
0.20.0, random access to table data is of low enough latency to host the
information directly. So, typically a batch process of user construction will
run using TableInputFormat over raw data and output cooked results via
TableOutputFormat into a table for answering queries later in real time.
Depending on the use case this is usually either called precomputation or
materialization. Precomputation is a generic term. Materialization (as in
"materialized views") I believe was coined by Oracle. These terms are used
interchangeably to refer the process of making answers to a set of possible
queries in advance. To be pedantic I should have said precomputation instead of
materialization, because the latter implies occasional automatic update of the
cached data by the database engine. Of course HBase
 does not do that.

Hope that helped,

   - Andy