Hi,

I am trying to create a unit test using the HBaseClusterTestCase and the RowCounter example. I am able to spin up a hbase table, load data inside, access the data (lookup and scan), but whenever I am trying to launch a map/reduce job (TableMapper), the map/reduce functions are never executed because the number of splits returned byt the TableInputFormat is empty. After some debugging, I noticed that the line (in TableInputFormatBase)
final byte [][] startKeys = table.getStartKeys();
is returning an empty array.

In fact, even if I am able to access table data using HTable#get, the HTable#getStartKeys is returning nothing. Any ideas on this issue ? Also, do someone have some advices/examples on how to write and run unit tests involving hbase ?

Thanks,
Regards
--
Renaud Delbru