Thanks Matt

That's correct that the --migp option (see a recent post from me to the FSL
list about this new option) inside melodic is still single-threaded.

However the journal paper (linked below by Matt) includes simple matlab code
for doing MIGP and that can easily be parallelised as well as run
multi-threaded.  The output can then be fed into melodic ICA.

Neither MIGP approach requires huge RAM - that's the point - 32GB should be
enough.

Cheers.

> On 30 Jan 2015, at 03:32, Glasser, Matthew <glass...@wusm.wustl.edu> wrote:
>
> http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S105381191400634X
> <http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S105381191400634X>
>
> We’re working on some improvements for it when used for functional
> connectivity (i.e. all to all correlations), but it works fine as is for ICA.
>

> Peace,
>
> Matt.
>
> From: Micah Chambers <micahc...@gmail.com <mailto:micahc...@gmail.com>>
> Date: Thursday, January 29, 2015 at 9:27 PM
> To: Matt Glasser <glass...@wusm.wustl.edu <mailto:glass...@wusm.wustl.edu>>
> Cc: "hcp-users@humanconnectome.org <mailto:hcp-users@humanconnectome.org>"
> <hcp-users@humanconnectome.org <mailto:hcp-users@humanconnectome.org>>
> Subject: Re: [HCP-Users] Group ICA with Melodic on 20 or more subjects
>
> Thanks Matthew, I'll check out the latest version of FSL. Is there a paper
> the discusses the MIGP method?
>
> On Thu, Jan 29, 2015 at 7:24 PM, Micah Chambers <micahc...@gmail.com
> <mailto:micahc...@gmail.com>> wrote:
>> Well the resting state data provided through the HCP around 1GB each so I'm
>> guessing the memory requirement is a good bit more than 8GB now, unless the
>> PCA is performed per subject. Has anyone done Group ICA on datasets this
>> size?
>>
>> -Micah
>>
>> On Thu, Jan 29, 2015 at 6:40 PM, Glasser, Matthew <glass...@wusm.wustl.edu
>> <mailto:glass...@wusm.wustl.edu>> wrote:
>>> If you update to the latest version of FSL the MIGP algorithm may be in
>>> there and is designed to help with this.  The main limitation with melodic
>>> has been that it was single threaded.  I don’t know if that has been
>>> addressed yet.
>>>
>>> Peace,
>>>
>>> Matt.
>>>
>>> From: Micah Chambers <micahc...@gmail.com <mailto:micahc...@gmail.com>>
>>> Date: Thursday, January 29, 2015 at 8:07 PM
>>> To: "hcp-users@humanconnectome.org <mailto:hcp-users@humanconnectome.org>"
>>> <hcp-users@humanconnectome.org <mailto:hcp-users@humanconnectome.org>>
>>> Subject: [HCP-Users] Group ICA with Melodic on 20 or more subjects
>>>
>>> Has anyone on the run group-wise analysis on the HCP resting state data,
>>> and if so what tools did you use? I am having memory issues when running
>>> more than 10 subjects and I was wondering if anyone has a way of getting
>>> around the large memory requirements when concatenating in time.
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>>>
>>> -Micah
>>>
>>> --
>>> Micah Chambers, M.S.
>>> Ahmanson-Lovelace Brain Mapping Center
>>> University of California Los Angeles
>>> 635 Charles E. Young Drive SW, Suite 225
>>> Los Angeles, CA 90095-7334
>>> 310-206-2101 <tel:310-206-2101> (Office)
>>> 310-206-5518 <tel:310-206-5518> (Fax)
>>> 703-307-7692 <tel:703-307-7692> (Cell)
>>> email: mica...@ucla.edu <mailto:mica...@ucla.edu>

>>> The materials in this message are private and may contain Protected
>>> Healthcare Information or other information of a sensitive nature. If you
>>> are not the intended recipient, be advised that any unauthorized use,
>>> disclosure, copying or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents
>>> of this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email
>>> in error, please immediately notify the sender via telephone or return mail.
>>

>> --
>> Micah Chambers, M.S.
>> Ahmanson-Lovelace Brain Mapping Center
>> University of California Los Angeles
>> 635 Charles E. Young Drive SW, Suite 225
>> Los Angeles, CA 90095-7334
>> 310-206-2101 <tel:310-206-2101> (Office)
>> 310-206-5518 <tel:310-206-5518> (Fax)
>> 703-307-7692 <tel:703-307-7692> (Cell)
>> email: mica...@ucla.edu <mailto:mica...@ucla.edu>
>>

> --
> Micah Chambers, M.S.
> Ahmanson-Lovelace Brain Mapping Center
> University of California Los Angeles
> 635 Charles E. Young Drive SW, Suite 225
> Los Angeles, CA 90095-7334
> 310-206-2101 (Office)
> 310-206-5518 (Fax)
> 703-307-7692 (Cell)
> email: mica...@ucla.edu <mailto:mica...@ucla.edu>
>

> The materials in this message are private and may contain Protected
> Healthcare Information or other information of a sensitive nature. If you are
> not the intended recipient, be advised that any unauthorized use, disclosure,
> copying or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this
> information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error,
> please immediately notify the sender via telephone or return mail.

+44 (0) 1865 222726  (fax 222717)
st...@fmrib.ox.ac.uk    http://www.fmrib.ox.ac.uk/~steve
<http://www.fmrib.ox.ac.uk/~steve>

Stop the cultural destruction of Tibet <http://smithinks.net/>