Okay, thank you to both of you.
Best wishes,
Barbara Anne

On 07/05/2015 03:35, Glasser, Matthew wrote:
That’s a good point and would still be true of the current version of the HCP Pipelines. While we don’t rely on FNIRT to align cortex, it is still used to make the initial brain mask, and that could work not as well without FAT sat. You should probably check over your results more carefully if not using FAT sat to see if any subjects need to be excluded (e.g. obvious large very high or very low intensity artifacts in the myelin maps).

Peace,

Matt.

From: <Harms>, Michael <mha...@wustl.edu <mailto:mha...@wustl.edu>>
Date: Wednesday, May 6, 2015 at 9:30 PM
To: Matt Glasser <glass...@wusm.wustl.edu <mailto:glass...@wusm.wustl.edu>>, Barbara Kreilkamp <bakk....@googlemail.com <mailto:bakk....@googlemail.com>>, "hcp-users@humanconnectome.org <mailto:hcp-users@humanconnectome.org>" <hcp-users@humanconnectome.org <mailto:hcp-users@humanconnectome.org>>
Subject: Re: [HCP-Users] Myelin Mapping

Separate from FS, we've also found that fat sat in the T1 helps make FNIRT more robust.

cheers,
-MH

--
Michael Harms, Ph.D.
Conte Center for the Neuroscience of Mental Disorders

From: <Glasser>, Matt Glasser <glass...@wusm.wustl.edu <mailto:glass...@wusm.wustl.edu>>
Date: Wednesday, May 6, 2015 11:57 AM
To: Barbara Kreilkamp <bakk....@googlemail.com <mailto:bakk....@googlemail.com>>, "hcp-users@humanconnectome.org <mailto:hcp-users@humanconnectome.org>" <hcp-users@humanconnectome.org <mailto:hcp-users@humanconnectome.org>>

Not having FAT saturation is mainly an issue for FreeSurfer which can sometimes get the surface wrong if it gets confused and thinks fat is white matter. I don’t know how much of an issue this is for more recent HCP Pipeline versions though.

Peace,

Matt.