When you email the SPM list, you will need to provide the following:
(1) What specific files could not be opened?
(2) What size are the files?
(3) What did you mean by "weird"?

I suspect the files are more than 2GB, which has been known to cause issues
with some functions in SPM8. These should resolved in SPM12.

Best Regards,

Donald McLaren