Sounds like you might be using an old version of fsl_sub. You should have a
section in fsl_sub that starts with "$command V1.0beta" that has the
following options for fsl-sub:

  -T <minutes>          Estimated job length in minutes, used to auto-set
queue name
            This is helpful if you don't set a FSL default queue.
  -q <queuename>        Name of FSL defualt queue possible values for
<queuename>
            are "verylong.q", "long.q" and "short.q". See below for details.
  -Q <queuename>    Name of Wash U Queue to use, one of (dque, dque_HT,
dque_smp)
  -a <arch-name>        Architecture [e.g., darwin or lx24-amd64]
  -p <job-priority>     Lower priority [0:-1024] default =
0
  -M <email-address>    Who to email, default = none
  -j <jid>              Place a hold on this task until job jid has
completed
  -t <filename>         Specify a task file of commands to execute in
parallel
  -N <jobname>          Specify jobname as it will appear on queue
  -n <nCPUs>            Number of CPUs per node that job will use (default
= 1)
  -R <RAM>              Max total RAM to use for job (integer in MB)
  -l <logdirname>       Where to output logfiles
  -m <mailoptions>      Change the notification mail options, see qsub for
details
  -F                    Use flags embedded in scripts to set SGE queuing
options
  -v                    Verbose mode.

-R is the MB of RAM you are allocating for the job. You may run in to
problems with other FSL tools with large HCP datasets, basically for
fslmerge and fslmaths commands you'll need to modify to allocate more RAM.

--
Joseph M. Orr, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor