Dear HCP experts,
I’m groping around in the dark about how to concatenate various filetypes of
individual subject data in order to do a group analysis in PALM.
Most of the examples seem to assume that I already know how to do that. Or
maybe I’m not understanding this at an even higher level.

Here’s what I’m trying to do:
I have a group of subjects and a design matrix, and I want to use PALM to do
joint inference. I was thinking I should use the files in each subject's
MNINonLinear/fsaverage_LR32k/ directory, specifically:
L and R.MyelinMap.32k_fs_LR.dscalar.nii,
L and R.ArealDistortion_FS.32k_fs_LR.shape.gii and
L and R.corrThickness.32k_fs_LR.shape.gii

I want to do TFCE, so I also need to use each subject’s concatenated L and
R.midthickness.32k_fs_LR.surf.gii (right?), and also the mean area files (L and
R_area.func.gii) I created as shown in Example 10 of the PALM examples.
I have somehow managed, probably in a really kludgey way, to get this working
without TFCE, but I can’t figure out how to concatenate the surface files
properly, or even whether I’m using the right files.

Am I on the right track, and how do I concatenate the subject files for each of
these data types so that their matrices all get read in the proper orientations?
I would appreciate it if you would give the example as an entire command,
rather than saying “use cifti-concatenate”, because I may be getting some part
of the syntax wrong. And also, please let me know if I have not chosen the
optimal group of input files for the task.
Thanks so much,
Sally

Sally Durgerian
Neurolab G2415