I haven't finished figuring this out, but it appears that the affine file's
"Parameters" array contains the 12 affine components you'd find in a normal
affine file.  The warpfield does not seem to include the affine, so you
need to convert and use both of them, which may be why what you did looked
wrong.

Tim