Hi everyone,

I am quite new to using HDF5 data and I think I've got a serious problem:

I am using EUMETSAT's pre-operational NDVI product in HDF5 format. These
data are projected with the geostationary satellite view (SR-ORG:81) but no
spatial reference is given in the HDF5-file. What I could do already is
write lat/lon for each pixel in a text file (from an envi geo-file) and
produce hdf5-datasets of it.

Is it possible to assign these x,y-values to the NDVI values contained in
another dataset at least?

Or is it - that would be wonderful - even possible to assign a projection
mathematically?

I have already tried out gdalwarp in fwtools, but it doesn't work.
But for me analyses I need the data georeferenced urgently!

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance,

Johannes