Michael,

Please open a jira (new feature) and attach your patch there:

thanks,
Arun

On Jun 16, 2010, at 8:55 AM, Michael D'Amour wrote:

We have an open source ETL tool (Kettle) which uses VFS for many
input/output steps/jobs.  We would like to be able to read/write HDFS
from Kettle using VFS.

I haven't been able to find anything out there other than "it would be
nice."

I had some time a few weeks ago to begin writing a VFS driver for HDFS
and we (Pentaho) would like to be able to contribute this driver.  I
believe it supports all the major file/folder operations and I have
written unit tests for all of these operations.  The code is currently
checked into an open Pentaho SVN repository under the Apache 2.0
license.  There are some current limitations, such as a lack of
authentication (kerberos), which appears to be coming in 0.22.0,
however, the driver supports username/password, but I just can't use
them yet.

Please let me know how to proceed with the contribution process.

Thank you.
-Mike