Hi HDFS devs,

Would you mind taking a look at HDFS-2691? This JIRA deals with the
case where the NN fails over, and then a lease needs to be recovered.
Since we don't persist any locations to the edit log, the SBN will
have no record of where the under-construction block is, so the
recovery will accidentally truncate the file unless we do something
about it. I've implemented one approach there, but would like your
opinions if you have any better ideas. I have been testing this
approach with HBase on a small cluster running with replication=1, and
haven't seen any issues yet.

Konstantin - I think the BN-based approach is probably susceptible to
the same issue, so curious if you've solved it in your implementation.

Thanks
-Todd
--
Todd Lipcon