On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 3:25 PM, Konstantin Boudnik <c...@apache.org> wrote:
> There's no plans to release anything else at this point - this is a bug-fix
> release, as I pointed out on a numerous occasions. There's no new features -
> just 2 fixes.

If you're worried about extending the voting by a week, I don't think
anyone can reasonably object to a truncated schedule if the only
change is the version number. Downstream fixes discovered in Bigtop
are a sufficient reason for a patch release and I think we'd all like
them to become routine. Not just in 2.0.x, but in later release
branches.

> 2.0.5 matter became and still is too controversial at some point. The vote
> started by Arun to override the results of the Konstantin's vote never been
> closed.

For the nth time, neither release plan vote was binding. We recently
amended the bylaws to eliminate this confusion. There is no ambiguity
between votes when neither is in scope.

> The downstream projects are handing in the middle of the air because
> of that confusion.

Can we please ground our discussion when discussing compatibility and
bugs? Breathless alarm is not proportional to the severity, here.

> Have I missed something or you just called me a cheater and a lair right to
> my face?

I called you neither. The prenominate votes were closed, counted, and
declared to be binding over objections. I'm annoyed that I have to
toggle my vote to prevent that tactic, but based on recent experience
I don't expect you to forgo it. I'd be happy to learn my caution is
unnecessary. -C