Cos,

The name of the mds file for the binary tar is missing a "." in your
apache directory: hadoop-2.0.5-alphatar.gz.mds
<http://people.apache.org/~cos/hadoop-2.0.5-alpha-rc2/hadoop-2.0.5-alphatar
.gz.mds>

Contents of it are fine though so you might just add the ".".

Also the NOTICE.txt, README.txt, and LICENSE.txt files are missing from
the top level directory in both the src and binary tar ball.

Everything else looks good. Verified checksums, signatures, built, ran
single node cluster.

Thanks,
Tom