This seems inconsistent. If the method is deprecated just because it's
in org.apache.hadoop.FileSystem, shouldn't all FileSystem methods be
marked as deprecated?

On the other hand, a user opening up FileSystem.java would probably
not realize that it is deprecated.  The JavaDoc for the class itself
doesn't mention it, although the JavaDoc for a few of the methods
talks about a "transition".

It might make more sense to mark the class as a whole @deprecated if
that is the intent.

I did a quick search on JIRA, but didn't see anything answering these
questions.  Opinions?

best,
Colin