Thanks for the heads up, but I think I've managed to implement it crudely by
overwriting sequentially with 1s, 0s and random bytes and tested it
successfully on an ext4 partition.

    I tested it by dd-ing the entire partition to a file, confirming a
particular string was not present with strings, uploaded a large file with a
chosen string repeated in it many times, dd'd the partition to confirm it was
present, issued a delete, repeated the test and confirmed it had been removed.

    I'm sure some journal information may be leaked, but the entire block can't
be reconstructed from the journal else your disk would be halved in useable
size right?

    —
Sent from Mailbox for iPhone